Monday 14 November 2011

Leeds Royal Armouries


These are just a few of the photographs I have taken today whilst visiting Leeds Royal Armouries. We have a two week project to work on called protection and this was our starting point.  I chose this photograph to show because I really like the shape of the horses neck and I think its a really nice and well made item.

I really don't like this helmet it scares me a bit :) but I like the fact that Henry VIII had worn it for a big show
off piece of armour.

                                        

This is the handle to a fencing sword. I really liked it because of the handle because its very posh and fancy.

I really liked this little object, however i thought that it was a shame that the use it had would destroy it. Its a clay pigeon glass ball and brightly coloured powder was put into it so you would know if you had shot the clay pigeon the powder would go everywhere. I think its a lovely little object I wouldnt want to shoot it.


Gas mask. I like the sculptural shape in a gas mask, but don't like the fact that they have to be used for a bad reason.


Knuckle Duster Gun / Knife. I really liked this object all the different components fit together really well i think.


Elephant Armour. I thought this armour was really nice and the scale of it is amazing. I like the bit on the Elephants trunk the way it fits its purpose.


From the television series the Tudors this is one of the costumes that Jonathan Rhys Meyers who plays Henry VIII wore in the drama. I really like this program so I enjoyed looking at these costumes :)




Funny Helmet. I like the eye holes in this helmet.
 

Going onto the theme of protection a turtles shell is there protection so is our skin i like this idea of protection.


Chain mail. I like the idea of knitting chain mail.


I like the shapes of these helmets, I like the curves in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment